No products in the cart.
If your questions aren’t answered here, please contact us. We are happy to help.
branBYTES contain the healthy components of the Whole Grain viz. bran and germ. When eaten with white rice or white bread, branBYTES will add the bran and germ back to your meal, thus providing you all the benefits of whole grains.
A Whole grain has three components
- Endosperm – The white starch which is the main ingredient in white bread/pizza/white rice etc.
- Germ – The nutritious component of the grain.
- Bran – The outer layer which provides the fiber.
Both bran and germ are removed during the processing of the whole grain into white grain and leaving out all the valuable nutrients.
There is a article about whole grains, on What Is Whole Grain website.
- We observed that 60% of the meals consumed in US are not whole grains.
- There are multiple reasons why whole grain meals are not being consumed as much as white grains:
- Whole grains are not always easily accessible all the time. Most of the restaurants do not carry whole grains foods. Even if they do; they have only fewer options of whole grains. For example:
- Whole Foods Market pizza is not whole grain.
- Subway has only one bread that uses Whole grain wheat (9-Grain Wheat). Although it has some Whole grains, its still has a blend of enriched flour.
- We also observed not everybody likes the taste of whole grains, thus are avoiding whole grains.
- Whole grains are difficult to cook, for example brown-rice, which takes an hour compared to white rice, which cooks in under 20 minutes
- We also observed lot of whole grain foods are being wasted. We counted the number of un-eaten plates that are taken back to dish wash area in a restaurant, and observed that more whole-grain plates are un-eaten compared to other grains.
- Some Whole grain foods have very short life, and go rancid quickly – and gets thrown away.
Yes. All the ingredients in our products are non-GMO.
branBYTES is 50% organic. We love to use organic ingredients whenever possible. Unfortunately as we are not purchasing our ingredients in big volumes its difficult to consistently source organic, while keeping costs low.
Please feel free to email us at “email@example.com” for any of your questions.
You can also like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/branbytes, and ask questions there.
And you can follow us on www.twitter.com/branbytes and learn more about us.
Nutrition of Wheat Germ: Wheat germ is a nutrition standout. It’s one of the best sources of folic acid. Wheat germ also contains a phytonutrient called L-ergothioneine, which is a powerful antioxidant that is not destroyed by cooking.
Wonderful source of thiamine. rich source of phosphorus, pyridoxine, B6, folic acid, paraminobenzoic acid (PABA), vitamin E, vitamin K, iron, magnesium, manganese, zinc, selenium and omega 3.
Nutrition of Rice Bran: Rice Bran is a superfood. It is natural source of more than 100 vital nutrients. It Includes all 7 components of Vitamin E Complex, CoQ-10, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Glutathioine, Vitamin B Complex, Antioxidants, Carotenoids, Essential Amino Acids, Essential Fatty Acids, Phospholipids, Polysaccharides and more. Rice Bran is 100% natural with an amazing number of live-source nutrients and antioxidants which help maintain overall health. It has over 100 antioxidants & co-factors, essential vitamins and minerals, Sterols, polysaccharides and of course Fiber
Health Benefits of Wheat Germ: helps lower cholesterol, reduce the risk of heart disease, can help with weight loss (burn abdominal fat), help the body fight cancers, help fight Rheumatoid Arthritis, prevent constipation.
Absolutely. They can be eaten as a snack, any time of the day. But be cautious. They have fiber. Start with one serving.
branBYTES are low in carb. Each branBYTES has only 60calories and has less than 13g of carbs per serving. And most of carbs come from dried fruit.